So, you have gotten engaged and set a tentative date for a wedding, but given the uncertainty surrounding the current situations with Covid 19, you are feeling kind of helpless. We get it, we feel ya, and we definitely understand. You are not alone in that.
Did you know, however, that there are several things you can do right now, even during lockdown, to begin planning for your big day? We have compiled a list of five of them that should help you alleviate some of the stress. Check them out below in no certain order:
- Choose a Wedding Planner: Depending on where you’re located or your budget for your wedding, a wedding planner is a great way to get started on your wedding planning. These professionals know the ins and outs of making sure your wedding goes off without…or, in this case, with you getting hitched. (Sorry for the terrible pun). They already have relationships with officiants, florists, entertainment companies, and the like. In our case here at Special Event DJz, we provide a full-service planning service. If you’re in Cali, be sure to check out our wedding planning services by clicking here.
- Make a list of the music you want used at your wedding and wedding reception: Since we began solely as a DJ company, we understand the importance that music plays in a wedding and reception, but even as professional as we are, everyone’s tastes are different. Compiling a list of the music you want at yours is a great way to beat the boredom, get a foothold on a big part of your big day. Be sure to settle on your first dance tune, the daddy/daughter or son/mother songs, and of course, your entrance music. It’s also a great time to compile a list of “do not play” music to give to your DJ. It’s your wedding, so if you hate a group or type of music, you shouldn’t be forced to listen to it. Check out our Spotify Playlists to see what others have played at their weddings.
- Narrow down your list of preferred venues: Notice that we’re not suggesting that you should settle on a single venue. Obviously, this lockdown situation is going to impact several businesses, and it may negative impact venues… so, it’s just smart to have a top three, rather than a single location. If you’d like a list of our preferred venues, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Some parameters to consider when determining where to hold your ceremony and reception are: Size, location, surrounding areas, parking, local ordinances associated with noise, and/or limitations on use.
- Research the local laws and procedures required in the jurisdiction where you’re getting hitched: Go ahead and know what you’re going to have to do to get a marriage license wherever you’re getting married…which is typically where you must purchase the license. It doesn’t matter where you live if you’re having a destination wedding, the location of the venue is where your marriage is happening.
- We’ve plugged ourselves already, but here it is again: We may be a bit biased, but a great way to get a head start on your wedding planning is to give us a call here at Special Event Proz. We’ve literally been involved with hundreds of marriages, and we have a wealth of experience that we’d love to share with you.
Either way, we hope you’re being safe and smart during these weird times. Don’t feel helpless, there are still things you can do to plan for the future…. because it’s going to get better. If we can help you, we’re here. Don’t hesitate to reach out.